Nigel Kay provides Edible Landscape Design and installation services on Salt Spring Island, BC. We specialize in design consultations to create spaces of healing and abundance. We design and install kitchen herb gardens, privacy hedgerows, ecological spaces for birds, pollinators, and wildlife, organic berry & small fruit gardens, native & plant medicine spaces, as well as Permaculture orchards, and edible forest gardens.
Are you looking to transform grass into a low maintenance edible landscape or to plant a permaculture orchard, food forest, or edible forest garden as a legacy to leave for future generations? We provide you with support to make your dream a reality, with ecological design practices; from edible landscape design, consultation, Installation, fertility, and maintenance packages we help you create a lush abundant, edible landscape.
Ask us about our Edible Landscaping Services
- Initial Site Visit & Design Consultation
- Kitchen Herb Garden Design & Installation
- Plant Medicine Garden Design & Installation
- Berry Garden Design & Installation
- Permaculture Orchard & Edible Forest Garden Design
- Ecological Design for restoration of edges and marginal land
- Privacy Hedgerow Design for Birds, Pollinators & Pest Protection
- Organic Fertilization & Mineralization for Nutrient Density
- Edible Landscape Maintenance, weeding & mulching services
- Plant Nursery specializing in Rare Fruits & Locally Adapted Edible Perennials
- Fruit Tree Pruning
$100 for an initial consultation and site walkthrough.
Small Garden Design (4 hours): $200
Custom Design Services: $50/hr.
Installation Services: $50/hr
Maintenance rate: $50/hr
Materials: Cost +10%.
Discounts: 20% Discounts Available for Seniors, Families & Farms
Why Choose Us?
- Our experience, methods & designs save you time
- Growing your own food saves you money
- We are locally owned and operated islanders
- We are trusted local permaculture wizards
- We use Beyond Organic & Regenerative Farming Practices
Call 1 250 510-8938 today to book your initial design consultation