Nigel Kay provides edible landscape design and installation services on Salt Spring Island, BC. We specialize in design consultations to create spaces of healing and abundance. We design and install food forests, berry gardens, and herb gardens. We specialize in edible landscapes and creating ecological spaces for birds, pollinators, and wildlife.
Are you looking to transform grass into a low-maintenance edible landscape? Or do you want to plant a permaculture orchard, food forest, or edible forest garden as a legacy to leave for future generations? We provide you with support to make your dream a reality, with ecological design practices; from edible landscape design, consultation, Installation, fertility, and maintenance packages we help you create a lush abundant, edible landscape.
Ask us about our Edible Landscaping Services
Design Services including species list & planting plans.
- Initial Site Visit & Consultations
- Edible Landscape Design services:
- Food Forests Design
- Kitchen & Culinary Herb Garden Design
- Medicinal Herb Garden Design
- Berry & Bramble Patch Design
- Design of Privacy Hedgerows for Birds, Pollinators & Pest Protection
- Ecological designs to bring the life back to clearcut, invasive species overgrowth & degraded lands.
- Food Forest Installation Services
- Kitchen Herb Garden Installation
- Plant Medicine Garden Installation
- Berry & Bramble Patch Installation
- Privacy Hedgerows for Birds, Pollinators & Pest Protection
- Organic Fertilizer programs to increase fruit size and quality.
- Edible Landscape maintenance & mulching services
- Fruit Tree Pruning (Under 25 Ft)
- Plant Nursery specializing in rare fruits
- Locally adapted Medicinal Herbs and Ornamental Edibles.
Pricing for Salt Spring Island clients
- $100 for an initial consultation and site walkthrough.
- Small Garden Design: $200
- Large Food Forest or Orchard Design: $400
- Organic Garden Fertilizer service: $100 for Garden under 1000 sq ft.
- Organic Orchard Fertilizer services: Starting at $39 per small tree, $69 per large tree.
- Installation Services : Custom Estimates. $50/hr. Cost +10% for materials & plants.
Discounts: 20% Discounts Available for Seniors, Families & Local Farms
Why Choose Us?
- Our experience, methods & designs save you time
- Growing your own food saves you money
- We are locally owned and operated islanders
- We are trusted local permaculture wizards
- We use Organic and Regenerative Farming Practices
Call Nigel at 1 250-510-8938 today or use this form to book online