How to Make a Logo
I get asked often: How do I make my own logo for my website? Here is a quick tutorial on how to make a logo:
Questions to ask yourself when designing a logo
- What type of logo do I like best? Do you prefer the Logotype with just text? An Icon Logo? Or a combo.
- Find 3 of your favorite logos? What do I like best about them?
- What Colors do I like? What is the primary color and secondary color. What are their color codes?
- What Icons best represent my business? Can I find one for free, or do I need to purchase an Icon?
Things to remember when designing a logo
- Is it Simple and are the words easy to read on not only laptops but also tablets, and mobile devices.
- Does it grab attention and is it memorable
- Does it have a Transparent background
- Is it saved as a PNG file type.
Free Online Tools to create a great logo
Here is some fun online tools to play around with also. I use them to make logos when I don’t want to buy a logo from
Best Places to purchase a logo online
Fiverr.com These are the settings on how I do a search for a logo provider: goo.gl/Vm8NLf
- Search for “Logo”
- Check boxes for Top Rated Seller and English Language
- Sort by Avg. Customer Review
- Select provider with 2K+ succesful design jobs
- Purchase Fiverr Gig
- Enter Details for designer (Link to 3 Favorite Logos and reason why you like them, Your Color Choice with color codes.)
- Check Back in 3 Days
- Request Revisions if necessary
- Download as PNG
Here are a few logos I’ve designed to give you ideas: